Thanks to those of you who answered our Mother’s Day survey. It was a first and we learned
- from our mistakes
- about your challenges
- how you, mothers, are deeply loved (play with the interactive image below)
Download the results now or keep reading.
Learning from mistakes
“Bloopers” open the way for Blooming
More than 175 of you began the survey and only 50 of you finished it! We tried to make the survey cute and pretty…it ended up being complicated!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Sweetie works at home as well as with surveys. Good to remember.
BIG Mom Pains = Chores & Organization
Even with our small response group, you CLEARLY indicated the challenges of getting life done. You also indicated that children are not often part of the solution…yet 🙂
We are working on how to help alleviate your challenges in the couple (2nd most stressful) and those with the kids through ways to encourage children to help at home.
“I Love You Mom & I know you love me.”
Enjoy playing with the image below which depicts the ways kids know they are loved and the ways they share their love for you. These answers are weighted. Some highlights:
- They feel loved (and love Mom back) when they receive your attention. Being listened to and being seen ranked high in importance.
- Love is recognized though smiles and joy-filled expressions.
- Kindness ranked higher than hugs!
- Wild cards
- As the mom of 4 boys who spent inummmmmmerable hoooooouuuurs in the kitchen, I loved the tykes who appreciated mom’s cooking 🙂
- This answer generated a reaction deep in my soul: when kids knew they were loved because mom trusts them. Only a sprinkling of families mentioned this. May our SoSooper tools build mutual trust chez vous and chez moi too.
Loving Thoughts make life easier
They’re a great discipline and encouragement tool….and post them on your fridge.
To discipline kids without policing
Try it with humor when your child misbehaves.
“Remind me, darling, which way are you tell me that you love me?”
To encourage children
Let the image be your reminder to share how you feel.
“When you smile and dance, I know you feel loved and THAT make ME feel absolutely marhvelooos dahrling!!!”
With many thanks and deep appreciation for your time on the survey.