The Purpose – Set & Reach Family Goals
Create your Family GPS
- Specify the character qualities you wish to transmit to your children in the upcoming months
- Plan concrete action steps to reach that goal
To listen to each other
- To use a talking stick so we don’t interrupt
- To spend 5 minutes in Conversation Time after dinner
To do our best in work
- To brainstorm solutions together at Challenge Share on Saturday mornings. Parents can also share a difficulty.
- To have Reading Time for everyone, 30 minutes after lunch on Sundays.
Timing – New Year
We can set goals anytime…and yet research shows that goals set at New Year’s are more likely to be kept! The beginning of the year marks one of the moments for pause, reflection, and new beginnings.
Let’s do it!
Tools – Positive Discipline inspired activities & tools
Through group activities, we help set a family GPS: identify our current situation and set a destination for growth in 2018.
The process is FUN with lots of group interaction, brainstorming and even role playing.
Once the goals set, we explore numerous relationship strengthening tools to apply in the family context to help turn these family aspirations into achievable, realistic, AND enjoyable objectives.
Facilitator – Denise Dampierre
The workshop is led by Denise Dampierre who brings expertise from
- Harvard Business School – leadership development concepts made family-friendly
- Positive Discipline – an approach to building collaboration and respect-filled relationships
- Appreciative Inquiry – inclusive change management which builds on strengths
- Mother of 4 boys – practical experience tried and tested in with 4 boys withing 7 years
When – Thursday, January 25 from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
Where – 65, quai d’Orsay, 75007 Paris. In the American Church in Paris, room G4
How much – 25€ per person